life with one hand up a cows arse

Monday, August 15, 2005

Since Babs was always dragging me off round the countryside to see various lighthouses I felt that I had to do them justice and include them in my blogspot...this is perhaps the nicest one and is to be found in Taranaki. We must have spent at least an hour (babs wanted to see the light go on) here before truddling down the road to what has to have been our most bizarre nights accomodation in the middle of nowhere on a dairy farm, with another guest who never turned up....spooky, but we made it out fine. Sulky babs because I wouldnt have any more pictures taken.....She made me give in later but, I could hear in my head the slide show when she got home......'and here is hannah in taupo and here is hannah in piaha.....and on and on'. But anyway this is babs standing on the lookout, with taupo and the mountains in the background.

So these pictures are really in no sort of order at all, as I was doing this in the library and was rushed for time, so just tried to throw them on...oops that will teach me....anyway so this is the sunrise on my little dairy farm. I relief milk here every other weekend, at the minute we are milking about 200 or so cows but that will keep going up as in the middle of spring herd calving...so much fun, especially because the herd is full of kicking heifers, but good training.

Holiday in Fiji....mana island (pic to follow at some point, well ahead....).....beautiful..I would go back in an instant..despite the losing the bag thing (I hope that someone in fiji is now a pathology wizzz!!) and the photos from the digital camera etc...the sun, the sand and the people were amazing...These are four of the boys from the island...actually from Rotoma (sp!)..entertainment staff ...(Romano, Patrick, John, and ok babs heres where I need help, what was the other guys name) anyway..very very funny guys and beautiful bodies.

Back in New Zealand, but on the south island now, in Christchurch...This is the oold university buildings...reminded us both a lot of the university buildings back home...gorgeous

2 Comments:

  • i can't remember his name and its really starting to annoy me...but its a normal kind of a name isnt it...like james, but not james.....and he went out with that girl....who did the fire thing...aaaagh! if it comes back to me i'll let you know

    By Blogger Barbara, at 1:58 AM  

  • ps: feeling the need to defend myself about all the pictures!...don't we now have some beautiful photos to remember it all by? :o)~ :o)~

    By Blogger Barbara, at 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home