life with one hand up a cows arse

Tuesday, April 25, 2006






More pictures from home, this time of mum and dax in two of my favourite places to walk, the beach at home and then at whiterock - it is so beautiful and peaceful to be beside the water and so nice to get the chance to go for a dander with my mum and a catch up after a year of being away from the family.

Then it was time to go on another adventure and trundle across to meet my dad in minnesota and the beargrease marathon dog sled race, where I got to play vet assistant and get very little sleep and treat dogs mainly for diarrhoea, but it was lot of fun and I learnt a lot about the benefits of massage and chiropractic work on sport animals.

the pictures of the dogs are from Jen and Blake freking's yard in finland minnesota, the first is down time at the races snuggled under blankets and being watched over closely to ensure complete rest. Then there is the mad puppies and finally dad showing us how the dogs can run.

It was a fantastic experience and I hope one day That I can go back as a vet on the races.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home